Tampa Catastrophic Injuries Attorney Seeks Justice for Victims
Skillful Florida lawyer assists people hurt in devastating accidents
Even if a catastrophic injury eventually heals, the victim is never the same. The Law Offices of Bill Dickey, P.A. in Tampa and Clearwater is committed to helping people who have suffered severe harm due to someone else’s carelessness collect suitable compensation for what they’ve endured. From the moment we take your case, our firm litigates tirelessly to obtain a verdict or settlement covering medical expenses, lost income, permanent harm and other effects linked to your devastating incident.
Dedicated litigator pursues full compensation for severely injured clients
We have established a reputation in Florida for providing exceptional personal injury representation in the types of cases that frequently involve catastrophic injuries, such as those stemming from:
- Auto accidents — If you’ve been hurt in a car crash or a collision involving another vehicle, our firm assists you with insurance claims and lawsuits against the at-fault driver.
- Defective products — Many defendants could be responsible for a defective product that triggers substantial harm. To help make sure that all liable parties are held accountable, our firm closely reviews the design, manufacture, labeling and marketing of the item that failed.
- Fires — Recovering from severe burns can take months or even years. As you slowly heal, we pursue legal relief on your behalf.
- Falls — Even if you’re not high above the ground, a fall is capable of inflicting serious damage, such as broken bones or brain injuries. In premises liability lawsuits and other legal actions, our firm goes after parties who did not take reasonable care to prevent such accidents.
- Toxic exposure — Without warning, exposure to toxic chemicals or other dangerous substances might be causing an incurable illness. When you suspect that you or a loved one has been affected, we take effective action.
Preparing the strongest possible case requires substantial evidence, which can be hard to locate as time passes, so it’s important to obtain the legal support you need as promptly as possible.
Firm handles cases involving brain damage, burns and disfigurement
Our personal injury lawyers have the experience and perspective to understand the intensive and expensive treatments that could be required when someone suffers:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Severe burns
- Organ dysfunction
At every stage of your case, we battle to achieve compensation that accounts for the lifelong impact of a catastrophic injury, including the costs of visiting nurse care, reconstructive surgery and needed home modifications as well as your loss of capacity for enjoyment of life.
How do you assess the long-term harm resulting from a catastrophic injury?
Our firm draws on more than two decades of experience and relies on medical experts to create a detailed assessment regarding the long-term effects of a catastrophic injury. During both trials and settlement negotiations, we pursue compensation that accounts for physical harm, pain, suffering and the diminished ability to enjoy life.
What happens if I suffer a permanent disability or disfigurement?
In addition to medical problems endured after a serious incident, you may seek reimbursement for the future impact of a disability or disfigurement. After a detailed evaluation of your injury, our firm develops a plan to emphasize how certain aspects of harm caused by the defendant’s negligence will continue to take a toll long after the lawsuit is completed.
Will a verdict or recovery address nursing care or home modifications?
Someone who suffers catastrophic harm might need extraordinary care for a long period of time or even permanently. Through consultations with doctors, occupational therapists and other professionals, we develop an informed perspective on the type of assistance an injury victim will need. You may be entitled to payment to cover nursing care, the installation of ramps at your home or other measures that can help you cope with your new situation.
Approximately how long does it take to collect compensation for my injuries?
Each case is unique and the extensive evidence that must be used when injuries are severe could lengthen the proceedings. However, our firm recognizes the financial and emotional pressure that results when someone is severely harmed. Whether defendants are willing to offer a worthy settlement after a few months or going to trial is the best way to achieve a fair outcome, we work diligently to secure a substantial financial recovery as promptly as possible.
Contact an accomplished Tampa personal injury lawyer for a free consultation
The Law Offices of Bill Dickey, P.A. in Tampa and Clearwater represents Florida clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries due to someone else’s negligence or willful misconduct. To make an appointment for a free consultation, please call 813-835-3800 or contact us online.